Friday 23 January 2015

The Interview

There is no such thing as an "official" selfie.
Back when I was more active on the Online Writing Workshop discussion groups, I liked to welcome new members and ask them a few silly questions. In actuality the questions were designed to give us an insight into the new member.

There were five questions. Also, rice bowls were mandatory, straitjackets optional.

Thus, we wanted to know:

  • What animal are you?
  • Who are the cats who own you?
  • What is your chocolate preference?
  • What are your views on Star Trek?
  • What lurks in the back of your fridge?

We had a lot of fun with these questions. Not once did we ever get a bit of side-eye with, "Why are you asking those questions?" We asked these questions because they were fun, and my fellow authors got that.

I've missed interviewing my fellow authors, so I'm going to start doing that again. Authors are fascinating people, because their inner world is so populated with marvelous stories and diverse characters. I'll be asking some serious questions (me pretending to be all adult) but will throw in a few fun ones besides.

You know what else we have now that we didn't have fifteen years ago? The silly selfie. So many authors have such professional (and serious!) author portraits. Me, I want to see my fellow authors have some fun. Bring on the duckfaces!

_____________________
Her Grace would like to know how you would answer the above questions. Remember, there are no wrong answers.

No comments: