Tuesday 11 November 2014

NaNoWayMo

If you're like me in the past, you're probably totally into NaNoWriMo right now.

If you're like me today, you've barely given it a thought.

I just can't get into NaNoWriMo this year. Sometimes an author gets to a point when they do not need to be creating anything new, but improving the stuff that's already existing. I've got a trilogy that needs editing far more than my next novel needs writing.

NaNovels do not sell. Edited novels (regardless of how they begin) sell. (I know which one an agent or editor would prefer.)

That's simply the way things are.

NaNoWriMo has been a most helpful practice in the past, but I don't think it's as useful a tool this year. Also, I have a few other things that demand my time, such as school and Their Ladyships' school, and the Relief Society.

I will continue writing, same as always. Whether or not I make the goal, I have no idea.

_____________________
Her Grace still doesn't watch much television.

No comments: