Monday 10 November 2008

NaNo-ing

It's been a while since I last blogged...anywhere! Yes, I've been busy. Life gets like that sometimes. I have an elderly mother who needs a lot of help right now, for instance. But mostly I get very one-track-minded. I've always had a problem with multi-tasking...balancing multiple jobs at one time. I prefer finishing one thing before beginning another. What happens when I do multi-task is that I start dropping the ball...a LOT! And so, I forget to blog...and update my website...and meet deadlines...and finish stories I've begun...It can get very frustrating. (You'd think I'd be used to it after over fifty years of living like this...lol) Anyway, I'm blogging today. Yay, me.

This month I'm trying to participate in NaNo (National Novel Writing Month) It's been over two years since I submitted a new novel and thought it was high time I wrote one. But as of yesterday, I'm only at 7000 words. That's pitiful! I should be at twice that at the very least. And as I write this blog entry, I'm feeling guilty that I'm not working on my NaNo story. Round and round and round it goes...LOL...

1 comment:

Zara Penney said...

I tried to last year but found that just trying to meet a deadline kills my creativity.

When I was in art school our teacher told us to start a dream book and each morning jot down our dreams as a source of inspiration. Well, of course I started the journal and all dreams stopped.

I am chaos. Therefore I am.

My verification word is GRAVWHI

Isn't that something you put on baked lamb?