Saturday 2 April 2016

Books

I love reading. Books have been my dear companions for pretty much all my life.

When I was younger, I'd read anything that came across my path. If it was a printed word, I'd read it.

Now that I'm older and my tastes have settled, I find I am fond of escapist fiction--Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction. The farther away from reality my fiction can get, the better.

I read to escape life. Because of this, I have issues with reading stories in contemporary settings. I also have issues with books that lack an HEA (or at least lack hope).  Yes, this covers many literary works. That said, I do have a soft spot for Paulo Coelho because of his beautifully positive messages.

Today's question:  Why do you read the books you choose?

________________________________
Secretly, Her Grace has always loved escapist fiction. She devoured The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at age six.  Also, Her Grace has written several books. Go check them out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read to explore different worlds, different cultures, different lives. I read to escape!

Great post!

Sharlene @ Olduvai Reads

Dena Pawling said...

I have difficulty with fantasy and sci-fi. I like contemporary. Mostly mysteries but some other genres too.

John Frain said...

Heidi,

First, it is AWESOME to see your name on the cover of those books. Wow, that's gotta feel great. For me, it feels like jealousy, but I've got hope.

To your question, I read to escape life as well and it's why I enjoy crime fiction so much. The bad guy gets his comeuppance and the good guy wins, which is (unfortunately) not how it always happens in real life.

Oh, and great picture. Those bookshelves look absolutely inspiring.

Mars said...

I read to escape and explore, so fantasy and sci-fi are my favourites, I also used to have a very stressful job working with people who had many issues, so books I'd previously loved to read I found I couldn't as it resembled work too much... I may go back to those at some point!

Mars xx
@TrollbeadBlog from
Curling Stones for Lego People