To celebrate Lists, here is the Top Ten reasons we need lists:
- Lists organise things. It may be in a particular order, or simply as you think of them.
- Lists give a sense of satisfaction as you cross things off.
- Lists break big tasks down into tiny ones. Or gather a whole bunch of little things into one great whole.
- Lists are parseable. You can see what's what at a glance.
- Lists are logical. Even when they're apparently not in order, because there is a reason the list items appeared in the order they are in. Consider why your list is as it is the next time you write it down.
- Lists make things accountable. This is the value of recording things.
- Lists keep a tally. The human brain can't easily quantify anything over the number five.
- Lists calm the mind.
- Lists are the reduction of too many firing neurons. What better way to get something off your mind than to write it down?
- Lists provide meaning to their contents.
What would you like to see me make a list of?
Her Grace is especially fond of used envelopes especially for listmaking.