Friday 10 January 2014

Why I Post My TBR Pile

Someone asked me why I regularly post my TBR (To Be Read) pile.
Yeah. Sometimes the TBR Pile
looks like this.

First and foremost, because I want to share what I'm reading. Sometimes it's really good (Like Scott Westerfield's Leviathan series), sometimes it's not so good.  But something about the book hooked me enough to want to read it.

For me, it is not enough to just read a book.  I wanna talk about it. I want to share why I liked it (or not).  I want to talk craft, reader reaction, and more.

Also, I want to help my writerly peeps.  We've worked hard on these books.  They've filled our souls to breaking point and we want to share that with the world.  When I read a book that makes me happy, I'm going to talk about it so other people can read it and be happy as well.

Author Katherine Addison explained why it's so important we buy books, read books and talk about books.

Feel free to share stuff you've read and liked in comments.
_________________________
Her Grace adores books.  While she can't buy as many as she wishes (for they are rather expensive in Australia), she does her best.  Her bookshelves are full.  She needs more bookshelves.

No comments: