Monday 6 January 2014

This week's TBR pile



In Australia, January is Summer and it's "Readin' Season".  Our schoolies indulge in the Summer Reading Challenge and the rest of us raid the local libraries and bookshops for books to devour.

This is my Christmas Week TBR pile.  Mostly light-hearted stuff and casual reading.  I'll get back into my MFA stuff later.  Right now, I'm focused more on the quality of my novel output, rather than the high-falooting-ness of my reading input.  The following is helping me in that:


  • The Great and Dangerous / Chris Westwood  -- YA SF  (random shelf glean)
  • So Yesterday: a novel / Scott Westerfeld  -- YA Contemporary SF (was impressed with his steampunk Leviathan series, I thought I'd give something else of his a go.)
  • The Desert Spear / Peter V. Brett -- Epic Fantasy (book two, I discovered later. Bah. The plot arc is incomplete.)
  • La Novia Perfecta / Stephanie Laurens -- Historical Romance (en Español.  I'm polishing up my foreign language skills because I can.)
  • The Ultimate Fairies Handbook / Susannah Marriott -- Non-fiction
  • The Ravenscar Dynasty / Barbara Taylor Bradford -- Historical Romance
  • On the Way to the Wedding / Julia Quinn -- Historical Romance (Julia's stuff is good. This is a re-read.)
  • The Flight of Swallows / Audrey Howard  -- Historical Romance
  • Butterfly Swords / Jeannie Lin -- Historical Romance (in China!)


What are you reading for the post-Christmas season?

______________________
Her Grace is also considering alphebetising her book shelf.  Right now, it's in random order, pending the building of even more book shelves.

No comments: