Friday 7 December 2007

Some curly questions for the Spinners

Seriously, I'm not procrastinating just because I need to do a bank reconciliation...
I think our future readers would be really interested to know the following about us:
(Apologies for the Australian spelling, I can't help meself!)

1: What are your favourite books from childhood?
2: When did you start writing romance?
3: If you ran the world for a day, what would you do?
4: Who is your favourite romantic hero - real or otherwise?
5: Complete this sentence. There is nothing more important in life than......?
6: How do you find time to write?
7: What book/books are you reading now?

OK Ladies, go for it! Click on "Edit Post" and add your answers.

I'll get the ball rolling
1: What are your favourite books from childhood?
The What-a-Mess series by Frank Muir, who later became my pen-pal. He was a wonderful person.

2: When did you start writing romance?
Fairly late in the piece. I love writing science fiction, but found I wanted to explore relationships more and get to know characters. I love working out what makes people tick.

3: If you ran the world for a day, what would you do? 
Ban coal and make solar power free.

4: Who is your favourite romantic hero - real or otherwise? 
I do love The Princess Bride, and it's a toss up between Wesley (as The Dread Pirate Roberts) or Inigo Mantoya.

5: Complete this sentence. There is nothing more important in life than......?
Hugs. (I know, how sentimental!)

6: How do you find time to write?
I send everyone else away. Then I do my best to ignore the bomshell that is my house and make myself sit and type.

7: What book/books are you reading now?
Anne Oliver's The Ex Factor. Nicola Marsh's Purchased for Pleasure and Margaret McPhee's The Wicked Earl. I also want to re-read Phillip Pulman's Northern Lights before I go see the movie The Golden Compass. That was a beautiful book, truly lyrical and full of dark magic.

No comments: