Friday 4 October 2013

One month to NaNoWriMo

Ready for NaNoWriMo?  28 more days.

For the past two years I've taken November off to pursue the beauty of full-time authorhood.  Alas, I'm now out of Long Service Leave and will have to crank out my 1666 words a day in between the Day Job and the family.

Things I learned from NaNoWriMo

1. I can crank out large draft.
2. I like being a an author.
3. I can't pants.
4. People respect you more when you're writing for a "purpose".
5. Plenty of excuses to get together with other writers and do writing stuff.  En masse.
6. Office of Letters and Light put out some really nifty swag.
7. You can win NaNoWriMo if you have a plan.
8. Backups are your friend.
9. Solid, quantifiable progress.  And witnesses.
10. Proof to oneself that you can achieve a seemingly massive goal.
11. You learn a lot about yourself when you push yourself to the limit.


So, who's giving it a go this year?
_________________
Her Grace has won NaNoWriMo nearly every year she's attempted it.  To her satisfaction, she's discovered that 50K is not an undoable word limit.  In fact, it get easier every year.  This year, she's planning on winning despite the Day Job.

No comments: