Wednesday 12 November 2014

Randomosity for Little Spacecraft

Right now I'm seated in front of my computer eagerly awaiting Rosetta's release of Philae to Comet Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. I've got the live feed running from the European Space Agency's command center, and they've just turned on some lovely jazz music. In about two hours, Philae will detach from Rosetta and begin its seven-hour ballistic trajectory to Comet Chury-Whatsit. I've so got my Astro-geek on for the next 24 hours.

In unrelated science: Today's word is nucleosynthesis. I ain't linking; you go look it up with your black-belt Google-Fu skills.

In case science ain't your bag, consider this: there are worse things to be called other than "Grammar Nazi," unless you're Finnish.

And now, for something fun "Five Things Mario Can't Do that You Can":


___________________
Now that she thinks about it, Her Grace is wondering if the reason they turned on the groovy music is to hide what they're saying in the command centre. At least nobody's picked his nose... yet.

No comments: