Friday 5 February 2010

turning over a new leaf

I will admit here now, publicly, that I'm the poorest blogger on the planet. I have great intentions, but somehow I always manage to drop the ball.
Part of the problem is that I have been a lifelong procrastinator. I think it's built right into my DNA. I begin projects with great vim and vigour, and at some point life interferes, or I hit a block, or my enthusiasm fizzles, and I start finding a myriad of other things that I should be doing "right now", instead of the aforementioned projects.
And thus it is with blogging. I have always been a little behind when it comes to technology. My computer still uses Windows XP, and I'm quite happy with that. I do have DVD, but not a burner. I just this year got a scanner and learned how to use it. I have a cellphone that sits in my purse, never turned on and rarely used. Facebook? Forget it. My homepage makes my head hurt, there's so much going on there. Twitter? Well, okay, once in a while I remember to Tweet, although it's hard for me to think of something worthwhile to say.
And that brings me to my other issue with regard to blogging...having something worthwhile to say. I periodically visit other people's blogs, and I am often entertained, informed, amused, surprised...And I think, I'm not near as interesting or witty as these folks. So who would want to read anything I would think to blog about?
But I'm an author, and blogging, like it or not, is one of the tools we writers use to reach our readers. So today, once more, I turn over a new leaf. I will endeavor a few times a month, to stop by and post about whatever is going on in my life at that moment...good or bad. Hopefully I won't just put everyone to sleep. ;o)

4 comments:

♥ Sallie said...

I think you are doing a great job!

Judy Bagshaw said...

Aw, thanks Sallie. I appreciate you saying that.
~Judy

♥ Sallie said...

I would love to pass on a blogger award that was given to me, if your group will have it. The terms, etc. are on my blog. You guys deserve it. Great job!

Zara Penney said...

Judy the new leaf turner...

Me too. Ditto everything you said. And more.

I've solved some of the problem by putting them as markers in the top of my screen. I cannot tell you how I did it - believe me it was all accidental.

But I am going to blog here more often.

:-)
ZP