Wednesday 24 December 2008

the Holidays

I'm off to my Mom's in the morning to spend a few days over Christmas. I'm really looking forward to it, even though the weather is dreadful and the driving will be nerve-wracking.

This year's holiday is bitter sweet. It's the first without my Dad, and I'll miss him. But I have such wonderful memories of last Christmas. Dad, Mom and I spent Christmas Day on our own (my brother's family had gone away for the holiday) We got out old family pictures and spent the day going through them. Dad would identify the people and I recorded the information. He had such great stories to tell, and I could see that this trip down memory lane brought him a lot of pleasure. We lost him a short three months later and I'm so glad to have these pictorial archives in place, and a wealth of stories to reflect upon.

May you all have a joyful and happy Christmas. And may the New Year bring you peace and joy and deep fulfillment.

No comments: