Saturday 28 July 2018

Best friends

Once upon a time I had a best friend by the name of Julie Spencer. I loved her very much. She was pretty and unselfconscious and interesting and creative and not afraid of the world (for she was wise in its ways), or what anyone thought of her. We both had younger sisters named Emily. Her father Richard was a doctor. She was blonde with peaches 'n'cream skin. She lived only a few streets away. We had so much fun together.

You know how you meet that One Person in your life that makes you feel complete?  That's how I felt about her. We were going to have so much fun for the rest of our lives!

Alas, in the Second Grade, Julie Spencer moved away. I often daydreamed that they'd move back and I'd see her again, but it never happened.

Decades later, with the advent of the Internet, I tried finding her again, but with little more than just a name to go on (and a rather popular one at that), I had no luck.

So if you ever come across Julie Spencer, possibly from Cottonwood in Utah, please let her know I am looking for her. After all, if I still miss her forty years later, she must have been some kind of wonderful and I would like to see her again.

_________________________
Her Grace will see if she has a picture. 

No comments: